Nov 23, 2010

Turn It Off, Please......




I was in the middle of teaching my class when suddenly i heard a cellphone ringing softly. “Whose cellphone is that?” I asked my students. No one answerd. Instead, everyone looked accusingly at each other. The soft ringing continued and i got impatient. “C’mon... This is really distrubing. Please turrn it off,” I said, raising my voice. To my annoyance, now my students stared back at me with innocent faces. The class bacame quite while the soft ringing became more audible. “Hmmm, funny,” I thought. The melody sounds familiar to me. Then it dawned on me that the ringing came from my handbag on the table. Even though i was sure i had truned my cell off, I still grabbed my bag to check. Oops! It was my phone alright! Sorry, it’s my cell phone,” I told my students. I didn’t know what the color my face was, but i prayed hard the bell would ring real soon.

Fera, Padang (C’nS Volume 6 no 45)

No comments:

Post a Comment