Nov 23, 2010

Cheese!


I had been invited to my diving buddy’s edding party. On the big da, i carefully preened myself losing my usually-tomboy-looks. I had on a beautiful lacy kebaya and sarong. I couldn’t wait to see what my other diving buddies would be wearing. They had promised to dress up as best as they could for the party. On the big day, the bride and the groom looked great. I decide to samplea a little fromeash dish. While munching, i saw Budi, one of my diving buddies, among several person heading for a photo session with the happy couple. I quickly put away delicious plate of lasagna, headed for podium, and struggled up the podium stairs in my costumate and high heels. When finally made it, the photographer was about to shoot. On the double, i positioned my self in front row, giving the peace sign with my fingers. When the photo session was over and i looked around, i was shocked to find myself among strangers. Except for Budi, i had no clue who the others were. Laughter brust from my diving buddies below the podium. Smiling broadly, Budi guided me down the podium to my grinning pals. “Can’t wait for your own buddies,huh? Don’t you know Budi is also one of the bride’s high school mates you were posing with!” said one of my friends. Another friend added. You know what... Several minutes know ago that guy over there asked me what your name was. He seemed bedazzled by the way you look tonight. Alas, your stage antics chaged his mind.” There werw my dignity and my good chance to meet a guy.

Gita, Jakarta (C’nS Volume 6 no 45)

No comments:

Post a Comment