Nov 23, 2010

Sorry boss


One day, i dropped by at my friend’s house. After we takled for about an hur,she went out to buy us lunch. Before she left, i borrowed her nokia cell phone and read her funny SMSes. I had never used a Nokia cellphone before and my friend used english as the language on the cell, a lnguage that wasn’t too good at. I got bit confused. When she came back,there were about 20 incoming SMSes. Surprised, she read all of them. Most of them were short message stating how funny the joke was. We were confused. She asked me if i had sent any SMSes to her friend. I shrugged and said i really didn’t know what i had done with her cellphone. A new short text message came in and my friend was completely shocked. It was from her boss. He wrtote: “Not funny,young lady, i’m your boss, remember?” She contacted him immediately, he was very upset. He said it was impolite to send him such SMS. She asked him what kind of SMS had been sent from her cellphone. He read it to her: “ oneday, a lion,  a tiger and a fox are having a meeting in a jungle. But the meeting has been postponed because they have been waiting for the mongkey who is reading this SMS”. My friend’s face turn red. I was so ashamed. She made me apologize to her boss that very moment on the phone. The following week, when my friend and i attended a book fair, we meet her boss. She introduced me to him. The boss then looked at me and said, “ so, this is the queen of the jungle who sent me the SMS. How was meeting?”. My friend couldn’t help laughing. Me? I felt like disappering.


Ardewita, tanggerang  (C’nS Volume 5 no 39)

No comments:

Post a Comment