Nov 23, 2010

The Wrong Guy at the Wrong Place


My sister, her friend, my boyfriend and i were window-shopping on a typical hot and crowed Saturday afternoon in Kota Kembang Market, Bandung. The street was packed with people on both sides. Even cars were having a hard time passing through. Knowing that it would be hard for the four of us to walk side-by-side, we walked in pairs. I was leading the group alongside my boyfried with my sister and her friend tagging along behind us. Suddenly, my sister nudged me, saying that there were cute necklaces being sold at necklace vendor. I turned around and said, “Yeah, but maybe next time.” I turned back and held my boyfriend by his arm... only to find that it wasn’t him! It was a man with a build and shirt similar to my boyfriend’s! He stared at me, probably wondering why this strange girl was ho;ding his arm. I stopped and stammere, “I’m so sorry,” and quickly walked away as my sister, her friend, and my boyfriend were gigging at me. What an embarrasing moment.


Aninla, Bandung (C’nS Volume 6 no 45)

No comments:

Post a Comment